Yield: 4 - 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- ½ -1 cup dried mushrooms
- 2 lbs mixed mushrooms
- 3 shallots - chopped
- 1 celery stock - chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup Duckhorn white wine
- 1 medium potato - yukon gold peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Place dried mushrooms in a heavy glass bowl and cover with hot water, set aside. Clean, trim and chop mushrooms, set aside in bowl.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add shallots, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper, cook for 3 minutes until they begin to brown, add celery and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the fresh mushrooms and another pinch of salt and pepper. Also, you may need to add another drizzle of olive oil, cook for about 5 minutes, until mushrooms soften.
- Remove dried mushrooms from the water (reserve liquid), chop and add to cooked mushrooms, increase heat.
- Add ¼ cup Duckhorn white wine. Pour reserved liquid from mushrooms into pot, add potato and stock, reduce to simmer for about 15 minutes until potato is tender.
- Remove from heat and puree soup with immersion blender.
- Add milk or cream, simmer for 5 more minutes, adjust consistency, if too thick add more stock or milk. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.