Broccolini on Burrata Toasts
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This is a dream appetizer - it's hard to go wrong highlighting Burrata cheese. We've added broccolini with a hint of spice and acid to make these toasts a delicious combo worth savoring. We recommend pairing with Goldeneye Sparkling Brut Rosé.
- 2 Bunches broccolini - chopped small including stems and leaves
- ¼ Cup almonds (hazelnuts and walnuts will do) toasted and chopped
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped preserved lemons (remove pith) - can substitue zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsps olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Burrata cheese - about 1 cup
- Crostini 16-20
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop Broccolini into small pieces and put on sheet pan. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast in oven for 10-15 minutes, checking occasionally for desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and set aside. Prepare remaining ingredients.
- After broccolini has cooled briefly put in a bowl and add preserved lemons, lemon juice, pinch of chili flakes and mix. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- May need to add more olive oil if dry and a bit more lemon juice if needed.
- Slice baguette thinly and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes until desired crispness.
Spread each toast with a layer of cheese and then spoon some broccolini mixture on top and serve.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.