Watermelon Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
Yield: 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
This watermelon salad is summer ia bowl with a light dressing, hint of mint and of course yummy cheese. It's always a crowd-pleaser but feel free to adjust ingredients to taste - feta can be swapped for mozzarella for a little less bite. However you assemble, be sure to pair with Goldeneye Vin Gris for a colorful summer table everyone will love.
- 1 Seedless Watermelon, peeled and sliced into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 Bunch Mint, leaves cleaned and chiffonade or roughly chopped
- 1 block of Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium Shallot
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup Champagne Vinegar
- ¾ cup Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- For the Champagne Vinaigrette, mince the shallots and cover with Champagne Vinegar for 10 minutes.
- Add Honey and whisk in Oil until fully combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the Watermelon into rectangle strips about ½ inches wide x 3 inches in length.
- Cover the watermelon with the vinaigrette.
Serve with chopped mint and crumble Feta.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.
Pairing Recommendations - Vin Gris of Pinot